4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings. I watched till its wings were plucked; and it was lifted up from the earth and made to stand on two feet like a man, and a man’s heart was given to it.
5 “And suddenly another beast, a second, like a bear. It was raised up on one side, and had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And they said thus to it: “Arise, devour much flesh!”
- The lion-eagle is a composite of modern Israel, the lion, and the USA, the eagle. The modern state of Israel is the House of Judah, symbolized by the lion. The USA’s national emblem is the eagle, and its founding people’s are from the tribe of Ephraim, the leading tribe of the old Northern Kingdom called the House of Israel. Latter day Ephraim refers primarily to the USA, although sometimes the leading, birthright tribe of the northern kingdom is used to represent the whole House of Israel when distinguishing between it and the House of Judah.
- The eagle’s wings are plucked. Without feathers it can’t fly, hunt or project its power. As long as it can fly it has nothing to fear from a bear. Feeding itself is extremely difficult as it is reduced to scavenging and becomes prey itself. It falls to the earth as suddenly as an eagle in a flightless state would. This is a catastrophic economic collapse of the USD and the banking system. The USA is left in a precarious, very vulnerable position.
- The Russian bear needs no introduction. Even its seat of government is called the ‘Bear Cave’. The bear is raised up to the side, westward, not north or south. It is east itself so its side is west. The flightless eagle suffers a very sudden, horrific shock in the form of the bear ripping out three of its ribs. Russia will make a defensive, preemptive nuclear strike on the USA, taking out 3 of its major cities/ribs and setting the stage for a miraculous heart transplant.
- Russia does not suffer retaliation as only the bear is told to devour much flesh. Tens of millions of lives will be lost in an hour, or minutes, perhaps 9 figures once the ramifications of those 3 lost cities play out over the next year. Unlike the 3rd beast of Dan 7:6, the bear does not receive dominion from its war; no territory or ruler-ship is gained. The bear is a rod of judgment appointed by the Lord for rebuke and correction that will not fail in its mission.
- Such an unanswerable attack succeeds by a “sudden”, lighting first-strike requiring simultaneous hits at very close range allowing no 15-20 min advance warning of an ICBM launch. Those 3 cities are therefore coastal and in short-range from undetectable subs close offshore. Doubtlessly, NYC is one of them. There are two great centres of Babylon that fall in the end times [Rev 18:2]; NYC is the first of those. The second and final fall will come later after the HQ of end-times Babylon moves to the 4th and final beast of Dan 7:7.
- After being mauled to a certain death, a miracle happens. The eagle is helped up and given a new heart. Its rescue is from above and a heart of flesh replaces its stony heart of pride. A revival of Christian faith will sweep through the USA in a grass-roots resurgence of faith and repentance. God will rescue Ephraim in his time of trouble and perform a heart transplant on his firstborn.