- Damascus is nuked into total ruin at the same time as the USA falls. This is yet future as Damascus is the world’s oldest continuously inhabited city, having never seen ruin.
- The ‘fortress’ is America’s power against the nations, its ability to bully and impose its will with impunity. Syria is the flash point with all the actors being in place since fall 2015.
- Joseph is Jacob’s glory, firstly Ephraim whom he adopted as his own son and upon whom all the blessings of the firstborn were transferred from Reuben.
- America is literally and figuratively ‘fat’ with these and will enter a time of great leanness. As in Joseph’s Egypt, we may expect that leanness to last at least 7 years before the final beast subsumes all national sovereignty under its own.
- This is the harvest of what the USA has sown, also suggesting a timing around either the spring or fall harvests: Passover, the first barley harvest; Tabernacles, the fall feast of harvest. Since this event is focused on the two Houses of Israel, (Ephraim/USA and Judah/Israel) which are the first of God’s two great harvests of souls, we should expect a spring fulfillment around Passover.
- This event happens all in one day, never possible before nuclear missiles.
Isa 17:1 The burden against Damascus. “Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, and it will be a ruinous heap.
Isa 17:3 The fortress also will cease from Ephraim, the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria; They will be as the glory of the children of Israel,”
Isa 17:4 “In that day it shall come to pass that the glory of Jacob will wane, and the fatness of his flesh grow lean.
Isa 17:9 In that day his strong cities will be as a forsaken bough .. and there will be desolation. …
Isa 17:10 Because you have forgotten the God of your salvation, and have not been mindful of the Rock of your stronghold, therefore you will plant pleasant plants and set out foreign seedlings;
Isa 17:11 In the day you will make your plant to grow, and in the morning you will make your seed to flourish; but the harvest will be a heap of ruins in the day of grief and desperate sorrow.